Monday, April 13, 2009

To know Him more

I seem to be constantly reminded lately of what it really means to know someone more, to be so honestly entwined in their lives, you know every detail and want to know more. My pastor has spoke numerous times on the importance of knowing God more and the only way to know Him more is to spend time with Him, Sit with Him, read about who He is through his word. We can't possibly know someone without spending time with them. This has meant so much to me in not only my relationship with Jesus but in the relationships with people around me particularly family and my church family. Is it simple ignorance when someone judges you based on their own thoughts and theories? Have they been so deeply wounded that they assume the worst of people? Do they need to blame all the bad in their life on someone and that someone is me? Not only are the assumptions wrong but it's turned to gossip. It's like being accused of a crime you didn't commit. It's funny to me that we think we know someone in the same way we think we know who God is and can come up with so much of our own assumptions that we've convinced ourselves that we "know" who they are and really have never spent the time getting to know them. I want to know people for who they really are. I want God's grace and mercy extended to us to flow through me so strong that I never judge someone based on who I think they are or who people say they are.
Psalm 37:1-8 says... Do not be preoccupied with evildoers.
Do not envy those who do wicked things. They will quickly dry up like grass and wither away like green plants.
Trust the Lord and do good things. Live in the land and practice being faithful.
Be happy with the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Entrust him, and he will act on your behalf.
He will make your righteousness shine like a light, your just cause like the noonday sun.
Surrender yourself to the lord and wait patiently for him.
Do no be preoccupied with an evildoer who succeeds in this way when he carries out his schemes. Let go of anger and leave rage behind. Do not be preoccupied. In only leads to evil.
Satan loves to turn us on each other and I will not cave. This is the Lords battle, not mine.
o.k. Lord. I turn this over to you